Thursday, November 24, 2016

COLOUR THEORY


COLOUR THEORY

Under $10.00!

Everyday Budget Makeup Products!

http://www.amcal.com.au/colour-theory

I love love love makeup! To be fair, I do tend to concentrate more on creating myself a clear and
healthy base by focusing on my skincare routine, however when it's time to let loose and have some
fun, in my down time there is nothing more I love to do but play with my makeup stash. Usually with
my 5 and 3 year olds digging their little hands into my drawers faster than I can say don't draw on the
mirror with that lipstick! (Too late!)

Basic essentials that are crazy affordable and actually worth your money are few and far between.
Recently I discovered this brand called Colour Theory which has an impressive range of products
and colours which are hard to resist and all locally available to purchase from your handy Amcal
chemist.

_ _ _

Colour Theory Nail Polish in Apres Ski - $4.00
This berry bright tone is a fun shade I like to wear mainly on my toes. I seem to stick mainly to the
pinks and neutrals lately when it comes to nail polish. However on my toes I tend to be more daring!

The formula of this polish is quite good for such a bargain budget buy! I only needed to apply two
neat coats for complete pigmentation with the polish lasting nicely before chipping after a good few
days.

Colour Theory Nail Polish in Cashmere Kisses - $4.00
This barely there soft pink is more my kind of everyday flavour. It is so classy and elegant. I just
adore the girlie polished effect it has to my over all daily look.

Colour Theory Jumbo Lip Crayon in Rosewood - $8.00
I honestly am not sure why I don't own more of these types of 'Lip Crayon' type of lipsticks. They
are not only a nostalgic shape which reminds me of the many hours spent colouring in colour books
on my bedroom floor with very similar looking crayons when I was young. The design of these
lip products are also very cleverly thought out in my opinion as they are such an easy to apply shape
to apply to the lips. (Use in conjunction with a matching lip liner like the one below for a longer
lasting, more defined lip shape.)


Colour Theory Lip Liner in Red-Y Steady Go - $6.00
When I use this with the Rosewood Lip Crayon above, the two together are the perfect match! So
take not if you're after a classic red lip duo, this is a brilliant buy! Not only is this product a complete
bargain, the product itself if so smooth and doesn't dry out your lips at all. I like to line my lips for a
slightly fuller effect and then fill the rest of my lips in lightly with this, then I will go over them in a
blotting motion with the lip crayon. It gives the most amazing sexy pout! You need to try it. :)

Colour Theory Colour Corrector - $10.00
This little baby is something I now use every time I wear my makeup! Colour correcting has always
seemed a bit complicated to me, as I feel like my skin tone has always been pretty even. However
this colourful blend has a mix to combat all of those pesky skin issues we might not even realise we
have until we can see a positive difference once we're actually using a product like this!

With a blend of green which fixes redness which I do occasionally get popping up on my neck for
whatever reason is a complete mystery to me. There is also pink to brighten and lighten the skin,
purple for uneven under tones and orange which also evens the skin's tone and lightens darker areas
like freckles, sun spots or dark circles. Blended all together with the white powder it works great at
setting makeup and can additionally be used as a primer! Clever little thing! I am just loving this
right now!


Colour Theory Eyeshadow Palette - $10.00
There is something creative and addictive when it comes to eyeshadows. They're like a paint palette
for grown ups in powder form for our faces instead of just paper. I was a bit of a painter as a kid, so
I can see how the passion had led to makeup artistry, however basic I am with my skills!

This set is a gorgeous array of pastel to mid toned colours. I am liking these for my day time look
which is pretty simple but still a bit fun. As you can see from my arm swatch below, the shades are on
the lighter side, however when applied with a damp flat shadow brush and then blended with a
slightly larger fluffy one, the colours come out much bolder and are easily buildable.



Colour Theory makeup ranges in even more products including, eyeliner, lipstick, lip gloss, tinted
moisturiser, mascara and more! Prices start from as little as $4.00 and a max of $10! You really can't
loose! Available Australia wide from you local Amcal Pharmacy!

Have you tried Colour Theory cosmetics?

Let's follow each other! 

*These products were kindly been gifted to me for consideration/review
*All photographs & video are my own work & my opinions are all 100% honest & all my own

1 comment:

  1. That colour corrector looks really interesting, I definitely want to try it out sometime!

    http://technicolor-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete