Sunday, April 13, 2014

Closet Confidential Tag!

1. What is the oldest item in your wardrobe/closet?

Thats a tough one! I've recently gone through everything in my closet and thrown out a LOT! I still feel like I have too much, even though over the past 5 or do years I have barely bought anything new for myself. Honest! I went through a phase in my early to mid 20s where I had little responsibilities and money to blow, so I blew most of it on clothes and the like, (which I now regret) which has left me with more than I'd like, as odd as that sounds. I have a lot of dresses that are beautiful, but get no wear because I never go out anywhere to wear them. I've sold a bit on eBay which has helped a bit and makes me feel a bit better getting some of the money I blew back, now that I'm in a time in my life where I really need it. Having 2 kids and desperately trying to get ahead so we can buy a house. Anyhow, getting way off track here! The oldest item, I suppose would be this white, sequin dress, that I have reinvented into a maxi skirt which means instead of it sitting in my closet waiting for a special occasion, I can now wear it any day of the week toned down with a button down shirt or singlet top. Loving it at the moment. :) 


2. What is the newest item?

That would be my new love. This Forever New maxi skirt I recently purchased with a voucher I received for my birthday. Forever New sell such beautiful and glamorous clothing and accessories, but I wanted to be smart about what I got and choose something I'd get a lot of wear out of and something I don't already have. A think maxi skirts are a great staple to have in your wardrobe as they're so easy to wear, are flattering, always fit and are pretty much always in fashion.


3. What is the most expensive item?

Aside from my wedding dress, this cardi from Alannah Hill would probably be my most expensive item. In saying that, I did have a $100 voucher that I put towards it, so that makes me feel a little less guilty. I do love this peice though and wear it as much as I can. It is up there are one of my most loved.


4. What is the cheapest most affordable item that you wear or use the most?

I am a total bargain hunter and purchased this dress for $5 at Supre years and years ago! I don't often shop at Supre because the majority of the clothes are not my taste or suited for my age group, but I think I was about 23 when I purchased this and it looks so sexy, yet still classy on. I enjoy wearing this most in winter with black textured stocking and some kind of black top underneath, sometimes with a little sequins popping through for a bit of glamour.


5. What was the biggest bargain?

This would be the best bargain because I actually won it! I have been quite fortunate in my obsession with entering competitions to win quite a few clothing items. I adore this skirt. I am right into maxi skirts at the moment so I wear this one a lot. It is a colour that goes great with black and it flows so beautifully and is feminine and girlie which I love. I wore this for my 30th birthday back in January.


6. What was the biggest waste of money?

I would have to say my wedding dress and the shoes! I loved the dress so much, but I really blew my budget with it and would probably choose something much cheaper and just as beautiful now. It was a dress by Clarissa Grace from the 'In A Secret Garden' collection which fitted well into our wedding theme. The shoes were designer and completely ridiculously priced. I would be just as happy with a $50 pair from Forever New now.  I would also have to add that these Peep Toe heels which were also a waste of money. I did have a voucher that went toward them, but I'm kicking myself for not choosing something more practical as I never wear these. Argh! :/ 


7. Show us your most loved item right now!



There are a lot of items I'm loving at the moment, as I have a completely new outlook on my clothes and how I wear them. Basics are really what I'm loving and getting the most wear out of at the moment. My classic black cardi the most. I love this. It was such a bargain. In fact, I've found a lot of great bargain pieces from this particular brand and I will share with you a little secret. If you range from around a size 6-10 you can find some fantastic clothes from the kids Pink Sugar range from Big W. My local store often has a clearance rack and even full priced you won't pay much more than $20 for something. The sizes are in kids, so I go for the sizes 14-16 which fits me comfortably. You may have to do a bit of rummaging, and depending on your own personal taste, you may not find anything you like, I'm just saying I often do, so maybe you might too. :) 

So this brings me to the end of this tag!
Let me know in the comments below if you've also done this tag, I would love to check it out! :)


 CandyFairy

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that wedding dress! You looked stunning (still do!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you IndieAna! :) It was an amazing dress, shame it only got worn once and it now just sitting in my closet tucked away. :/

      Delete