Thursday, April 10, 2014

Meet My Babies!

Motherhood
-
A Gift
A Joy
A Celebration
A Struggle
A Test
A Reward
A Lifetime


Meet My Babies! :)

Meet Imbi Maiya!
 (Often misheard as Indi. Maiya pronounced May-ya)
 My first born, turning 3 in July on her daddy's birthday. Don't ask me where the past 3 years have gone, they truly have flown by!
Little miss bossy, know it all (she gets that from my sister!) has my chocolate brown eyes and is the spitting image of me at the same age.
She currently loves Peppa Pig and The Wiggles. :)

Next up is little mammas boy Rory Edward! 
Edward, after his grandfather on his daddy's side.
Born September last year, my little man is just 6 months old.
He has 2 teeth through on his bottom gums and is 99% crawling and can stand up on his own holding onto the couch! :) Has his daddy's amazing crystal blue eyes, a future ladies man I'm sure! Adores his sister, anything you're eating he will try to swipe it and having staring stand offs with the kitty cat is something he is facinated by! :)

I have always wanted to be a mum, for as long as I can remember. Growing up for me was tough, I didnt have a great family life and I was often scared and alone.
But I try not to think about it and without going into the nitty gritty of it all, I feel like it has made me one hell of a strong woman and as small as it may seem to some, I am truly living my dream now as a mother and wife. A bit of an old fashioned dream I suppose, but I don't feel like there's anything wrong with that. Each to their own. Anything goes these days, so long as you're happy and not hurting anyone, I say go get your dream, you are the only one who will make it happen. 

Probably the most recent pic of the 3 if us. (Excuse the no makeup!)

My first pregnancy was quite pleasant, thinking back. I was working full time in a warehouse and doing pretty strenuous work, on my feet and lifting and packing boxes all day long. I was fit and even though Imbi came 2 weeks early and only weighed 6 pound, after 24 hours of labour, I had nothing to compare it to until I was pregnant with Rory. For some reason I found that pregnancy much harder. I guess because my body was not as strong, fit or young as it used to be. Also he was a much bigger baby and he went full term, only the Labour was only 10 hours, goodie right? Would have been except I hemeraged and had to be rushed off for surgery straight after and barely got to hold him for 5 seconds after he was born. Quite a traumatic experience that has me nervous about having more children. Maybe one day, these 2 are my absolute world right now. I love them more than I could possibly describe. They keep my hands, arms, legs and mind totally busy, so for now, 2 is more than enough. I have no clue how on earth these mothers with 3 or more do it!? There are some days, okay many days, I'm not gonna lie, where they drive me completely round the bend! My husband works his butt off and doesn't have a lot of spare time to help out, there is no family around close by to help either, so I often feel like I am doing it all which can be over whelming, stressful and lonely. We moved to Brisbane about 5 years ago and I've barely had a social experience with the girls since.
I just hope the future brings a bit more financial freedom so I am able to provide them with all the opportunities life has to offer them, so they are able to completely soak up and live life in any way they choose. 


Anyhow, this post was basically just a little more personal insight into my family life that I thought I would share. I hope to do some more mummy posts soon. I know I love to be inspired and am always googling random mummy related questions, so hopefully I can also be inspiring and helpful in my writing.


 CandyFairy 

5 comments:

  1. Your children are beautiful! My oldest just turned 3 as well, its crazy how time flys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! <3 It is so true how they say time goes faster as you get older, I am still getting used to the new year and it's already April!!!! I have just followed and check out your blog too. Your babies are adorable and cute! I adore Miranda Kerr's effortless style as well, she would be my go to girl for inspiration. :)

      Delete
  2. Aren't they just adorable! Such beautiful looking babies you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god they are so gorgeous!!! And look at their beautiful smiles. :D soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your precious family with us, hun :)

    ReplyDelete